Monday, December 13, 2010

Core American Values (As I See Them)

As I have mentioned in prior posts, I am somewhat active in grassroots politics.  And nowhere have I found a more succinct explanation of what my own ideas about the core American values are (full disclosure: they are quite conservative) than in Bill Whittle's "What We Believe" videos.  Not only does he hit the nail on the head over and over again - he does it in an entertaining and stylish manner.  His sincere love of this country and what it stands for is bold.  I feel inspired by his optimism and vision of the future - not just for America, but for all mankind.  The series talks about seven different topics: Small Government and Free Enterprise, The Problem of Elitism, Wealth Creation, Natural Law, Gun Rights, Immigration, and American Exceptionalism.

Whether you are curious about what those crazy Tea-Partiers are thinking, want to better understand your ideological foes, want some ideas of how to clearly express yourself as a conservative, or you just want to watch something engaging and enjoyable - these videos will satisfy you.  I've been a reader of Bill Whittle's for many years now and he's just an all-around impressive guy.  His written articles are usually quite a bit of writing and take a bit to absorb, but they are all excellently done.  Here's a list of my favorites (Note: Unlike his videos, some of his articles have a bit of 'spicy' language - he's a passionate guy):
Do a search on youtube or goggle for "Bill Whittle" and you'll find a bunch more - he's smart, clear, inspiring, and entertaining.  Just thought I'd share!

No comments:

Post a Comment